NCSA is interested in soliciting proposals for new International Virtual Research Organizations (IVROs) that will address and solve important challenges that either have been amplified or have emerged as a consequence of the transition from petascale to extreme scale, the increasing importance of data-centric computing, workflow systems that enable effective use of high end compute and/or data problems. The proposed IVROs should bring together leading institutions from around the world to address these types of problems.
Proposals should be no more than five pages, consisting of:
- The IVRO Charter (1 page)
- Description of how the IVRO will operate (2 pages)
- Potential partner institutions and their expertise in these area(s) (1/2 page)
- The governance model of the IVRO (1/2 page)
- Expected outcomes of the IVRO and potential future funding sources (1 page)
Proposals should also include a budget and budget justification and may include references, short—2- or 3-page NSF/DOE or NIH style—resumes for all project participants, and may include references; these materials are not included in the five-page limit.
Proposals can include up to $50,000 including all fringes and overheads over a period of up to 36 months. Collaborating institutions must contribute at least this same amount to support their participation in the IVRO.
Proposal funds can be used for the following purposes:
- PI salary
- Research assistant support (GRA, postdoc, etc.)
- Travel support
Who’s Eligible to Apply?
Submit your proposals through EasyChair.
EasyChair Submission Instructions
If you do not have an EasyChair account, see the instructions for creating an account.
Read the “Overview” information, and then click on “New Submission.”
- Fill in all the required information indicated by (*)
- Fill in the information on the author(s)
- Fill in the title in plain text
- Fill in the abstract in plain text
- Fill in at least three keywords for searching, if desired
Upload a PDF of your proposal or click the “Abstract Only” box under “Upload Paper.” When you have completed the form, press “Submit” only once. It will take time to upload the submission.